Face-to-Face Networking has Many Benefits
Last Wednesday I co-hosted our third Recruiting Networking Event In New York City with InTalent Consulting. This invitation only, intimate event is all about one-on-one sharing of information to include recruiting trends, hiring issues, retention and many other issues facing decision makers in today’s ever changing talent acquisition and talent management areas.
The advantage to events such as this is the ability to network amongst your peers. Many of our guests were openly discussing problems, successes, ideas and many were passing along business cards to continue the conversations. It was a real hit!
The discussions were lively, interesting, informative to say the least. At this time I wish to share with my readers the discussion topics I personally was involved in:
1. Companies Are Hiring - Actually 77% stated their company plans to and is currently recruiting senior level and individual contributors, a trend they see will continue at least through the third quarter of 2012.
2. Companies are continuing to build internal recruiting teams.
3. Using Social Media To Recruit continues to grow.
4. Great recruiters are still in high demand – especially those who know how to develop relationships, network and are proactive in their recruiting efforts.
5. The frustration of having to sift through many resumes that are received from vendors that are not a match.
6. The value of on target research and the importance of emails for connecting with passive candidates.
7. Companies are being a bit cautious and taking their time bringing new hires on board. They want to be assured these are the best candidates for the roles. Putting some pressure on the recruiters to say the least.
I want to thank my Co – hosts Mary Clair Ryan and Cindy Lubitz! Two great ladies you need to know.
Lastly we will be having more of these events in New York (again), Atlanta, Boston, Chicago and somewhere out west. If you want to be part of the next one email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Thanks for stopping by!