You know you are a recruiter when you…
1. Recruit- Not a recruiter that limits their efforts to just posting, tweeting, and just taking whomever comes along. Real recruiters naturally and actively seek out the talent required.
2. Network- Speak to all who can help you connect with the best of breed talent. Continues to keep the networks they developed active. Networking work both ways! Always return calls and emails.
3. You become the expert – Regarding the position, the company, the hiring manager’s needs and wants.
4. Really know the talent you recruited – Of course you need to know the background of the candidates, but you also need to know what make them “tick”, gets them excited, what their long and short-term goals may be, and of course WHO they really are to include what they do in their spare time.
5. Only present on target candidates that fulfill the needs of the hiring managers and are a match with the company’s corporate culture.
6. Have a sense of urgency– Feel everything needs to be done today! Nothing can wait until tomorrow. Do it now!
7. Organized- Being organized helps with effectiveness and efficiency.
8. Understand recruiting is a process – Willing to do what is expected during the recruiting cycle.
9. Overcommunicate – Follow through with the candidates that make the cut and those who do not. Always be available for the clients and candidates.
There are many recruiters out there. There are many people who think they are recruiters and fewer great recruiters. If you are passionate about recruiting you can certainly be a successful one if you really care. Know the role of a recruiter before you take on the challenge.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sheila Greco Associates LLC, your research and recruiting resource! We look forward to hearing from you!